Honest * Aggressive * likable
Attorneys At Law

Law Offices of Jeremy K. Lusk, Inc.

What happens when your treating physician, within the employer’s Medical Provider Network (MPN), finds your industrial condition to have reached a permanent and stationary status?  The major issue would being whether the treating physician states you were discharged from care with or without the need for future medical treatment. 

If future medical is indicated, you can proceed with designating a new treating physician from with the employer’s MPN.  An alternative would be to request an evaluation with a second opinion physician.  If the second opinion physician does not agree with the permanent and stationary status, then the original treating physician will have to address and comment on this in a subsequent report. 

If discharged without the need for future medical, you will not be able to change treating physicians.  You must then start the panel qualified medical evaluation process. 

If you have any questions about your workers’ compensation injury and want to talk to an attorney in Fresno, please call (559) 408-7436 or fill out the form to the right.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the Law Offices of Jeremy K. Lusk, Inc. and the reader.

Can I get a new doctor after being released from care?